Yes, you heard it right!! Some carbs are good for you and you must eat them. Everything has a good and a bad side. These carbohydrates are the ones that will benefit your body and will provide it with the required carb content. This way your body remains healthy while receiving the correct amount of carbs that help you gain energy for doing all your tasks. Along with this, these carbs are also rich in other nutrients which enrich the body.
Some of the sources of healthy and must have carbohydrates are:
- Legumes and beans
- Sweet potatoes
Why should we have these carbs daily?
- These carbs are foods that are rich sources of many nutrients. They become multipurpose foods which give us energy by providing us with good carbs while helping us gain other important nutrients as well.
- The legumes and beans are a basic source of carbohydrates. They come in a huge variety which includes lentils, kidney beans, black beans, green peas, chickpeas and so many more. You can choose whichever you like the most. Beans and legumes are considered vegetarian meat. Why? Because of its high protein content. Most of these beans are a rich source of protein, iron, potassium, phosphorus and zinc.
- As for sweet potatoes, how do we know they are a good carb? We know so because along with a healthy carb content, they have high fibre content and contain iron, calcium, selenium, vitamin C and various variants of vitamin B.
- Very popular as a breakfast, oats are also a part of the few good carbs. They have a high fibre and protein content. They are a very good source of antioxidants, magnesium, manganese, zinc, copper, vitamin B5 and vitamin B1. They control your blood sugar levels, they improve the growth of good bacteria in the digestive system, they give you a feeling of being full and also help you lose weight. They are a perfect example of a super carb.
- Bananas are also a very nutritious fruit. It has a decent amount of carbohydrates. Along with that, it is rich in antioxidants, vitamin B6, potassium, copper, manganese and fibre. It helps lower blood pressure levels and improves heart health and digestive health.
- Easily prepared at home, sprouts are carbs that are a powerhouse of nutrients. They are made by soaking grains in water for around 24 hours, which leads to them sprouting out. Sprouting makes the grains more nutritious. Its vitamin and mineral content increases, improve the quality of protein and increase the content of soluble fibre in the grains. Sprouts are high in protein, folate, vitamins C and K, phosphorus and manganese. They help maintain blood pressure, reduce triglycerides and cholesterol, provide protection against fatty liver, and strengthen your immune system.
So these are some of the carbs that are supremely healthy and should be a part of your everyday routine meals. They are sources of so many more nutrients and vitamins and that is exactly what makes them healthy carbs. Add these carbs to your diet and you will see how they help you improve your health.